What Does it Cost to Hire a DUI Attorney in VA?
All fees are disclosed up front, and credit cards are accepted.
After "am I going to jail?" "how much do you charge?" is probably the most common question I get asked. After all, hiring a criminal defense or a DUI defense lawyer is always an unplanned expense, so everyone wants to know what it's going to cost them.
Simple cases like reckless driving 20 mph over the speed limit will generally cost under $1000.
The attorney fees will depend on the seriousness of the charges and the complexity of the case. I can't quote an exact fee until I've spoken to you at some length, and reviewed the police report or other evidence against you, and can guess how much work will be involved, and how many court dates it may take to resolve the case.
That's why I need to wait to give you an exact price until it can be discussed at your free initial legal consultation and case evaluation. But, for general information purposes, the approximate flat fee structure is as follows, although there could be some variation depending upon the case and situation:
- Reckless Driving: $500 - $1000
- Driving on a Suspended License: $500 - $1000
- Other Non criminal traffic matters (speeding, moving violations): $500
- Most DUIs: $1000 - $2000
- Felony DUI (3rd offense): $2500+
- Bond Hearings: up to $1000
- Most Misdemeanor Charges: $750-$1500
- Felony Charges: $2500-$10000
- Violent Felonies: $5000 and up
The fees are very reasonable for quality criminal defense legal representation, but I'm definitely not the cheapest attorney (nor the most expensive!). I don't sacrifice quality for volume, and it's important to me that I take the necessary time to do everything possible to help my clients.
Defense Against DUI and Criminal Traffic Offenses
And because the lawyers defend criminal and drunk driving defense cases almost exclusively, the firm has expertise and experience that the neighborhood attorney who handles divorces one day and real estate closings the next, simply won't have. It always makes sense to hire the right Virginia DUI lawyer for the job, and saving a few dollars up front could cost you long term, in fines, license loss, and missed opportunities for a dismissal or a favorable disposition.
But whatever you do,don't wait to talk to a Lawyer if you're facing DUI or other criminal charges. Even if you haven't figured out how you are going to pay for it, you need to know what you're up against, and give yourself the best opportunity to get out from under the charges. The earlier a good defense lawyer gets on your case, the more opportunities there often are to get a dismissal.
Facts about The Firm
- We base fees on the seriousness of the charges (felony or misdemeanor, prior offenses, etc), where the case stands, and the amount of work and court dates anticipated.
- We usually charge flat fees, so you won't have any surprises.
- We will take credit cards if that makes it easier for you.
- If you have special circumstances or needs, a payment plan is possible.
- We don't generally charge any extra for traveling. We work in courts across the state, and if it's in the range it is considered the cost of doing business.